Monday, February 24, 2014

Deflection Politics, "i'd think u maybe had a little crush on jesse biter."

I am not going to waste a lot of time on this particular subject, however, I am going to address something that occurred yesterday on Facebook.  

Yesterday's blog post had a subject and its subject was focused upon the foully written Initiative for a Sarasota Mayor.  I had a few spare minutes to kill and decided to visit the It's Time Sarasota Facebook page. I added the link to my newly formed blog Sarasota - Exile on Main Street  and in about a half a second the It's Time Sarasota administrator wrote back to my post and typed "i'd think u maybe had a little crush on jesse biter."

First I must address, the woman who typed that sentence is a guest writer for SRQ Daily and is perfectly capable of writing like an adult.  I think she has taken up text message writing for the It's Time Sarasota page to try and entice younger people to like what this group is up to.  Insult number one.

Secondly, as a woman living in the U.S. in the 21st century, I find the art of deflection inane when the opposition implies there is sexual tension between the woman who has a strong difference of opinion from the man she may be writing about.  Insult number two.  It's like implying Rachel Maddow has the hots for Rush Limbaugh.  She doesn't, she just happens to have very strong opinions about what an A-holio Mr. Limbaugh is.  


I had thought Ms. Hamilton was a feminist who had paved the way, like women of her generation, for women like me to get a leg up in equality.  Instead, I get a diversion tactic with inane frat boy humor. I know she does good deeds for the community, I've read her guest columns but obviously the company she is keeping these days is rubbing off on her.  Welcome to the "Good Ol' Boys Club" Ms. Hamilton, you fit right in.

de·flect
di╦łflekt/
verb
  1. 1.
    cause (something) to change direction by interposing something; turn aside from a straight course.




No comments:

Post a Comment